Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Step In the Right Direction...

Progress is good, right?! After learning that the network in my classroom can't handle all of the students attempting to log in to Edmodo at once, I tried having them enter the app in increments of ten. Success! Yes, it took a bit longer to start up, but in the end, it worked well. First period was able to get to the iPad Student Use Agreement form, finally.

In the next class, I attempted have the students use Noterize and import the class syllabus that I shared with them via Google docs. Doing this at home was hit-and-miss, so I don't know why I decided to try it with the kids! Wishful thinking, I suppose. It failed miserably. Time for Plan B: I had them use Safari and log into their Google Docs account to view the syllabus. It took a bit longer, but it worked well.

During my prep, I synced one of the student iPads and tried uploading the syllabus file into the Noterize app via iTunes. After disconnecting, I attempted to import the syllabus and found it waiting for me in the documents folder! Yay! So the plan for tomorrow: Scavenger Hunt with the class syllabus. They will use Noterize to "mark up" the syllabus according to the instruction sheet I've created. Then, they will share it with me through Google Docs. Hopefully it will help them learn a bit more about Noterize and my classroom expectations!

Wish me luck!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment