Wednesday, August 3, 2011

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back...

Life is wonderful, and then it's not, and then it's back to wonderful again. I'm waiting for it to return back to wonderful. My first class successfully uploaded the class syllabus into Noterize from the Docs Folder, except for two students who I did not sync properly yesterday. Easy fix, I synced them up, dropped the files in, and away they went. Lovely! The Scavenger Hunt went very well. Students quickly figured out the components of the Noterize app after only five minutes of demonstration from me. I love teaching teenagers with technology! They pick it up so quickly. About half of the class was able to finish the Scavenger Hunt, and 90% were able to share their work with me via Google Docs within the app. Do you hear the angels singing?! I did!

Then second period started out similarly. I showed the students some of the components and how to upload the syllabus. They worked hard, and many completed the hunt. BUT... something happened at the district office in the middle of the class period and the wi-fi network went out! So they were unable to share their work with me. Ugh! Hopefully it will work tomorrow so they can finish and share their work.

So far, I am L-O-V-I-N-G using the iPads! There is quite a bit of trial and error, but the students are being flexible, and I've been smart enough to come up with back-up plans. Yay me!

No comments:

Post a Comment